We are searching for a Community Engagement Manager who is a leader in volunteer engagement. As the Community Engagement Manager you will be responsible for managing and implementing strategies that mobilize people to give, advocate, and volunteer.
The Community Engagement Manager (CEM) is a high-energy multi-tasker with dynamic leadership ability who builds coalitions and partnerships. This position has responsibility for outreach functions including volunteer engagement, collaborates on faith community partnerships, communications and outreach for the volunteer program, and community mobilization that lead to stronger engagement, awareness, and partnerships. The position will be responsible for developing the plan to accomplish broader community awareness and engagement locally, state-wide and beyond, as well as execution on those strategies. The position requires previous leadership in community engagement, strong public speaking and writing skills, events management, and the ability to recruit, manage, and cultivate volunteer leadership. The CEM must be an energetic individual with initiative, imagination, strong organizational, strategic and interpersonal skills, and have experience and demonstrated success. In this role, your job duties include designing public engagement initiatives, overseeing program finance and fundraising, mobilizing teams of volunteers to support our mission, and deepening volunteers’ engagement with MAP’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages strategies for engagement of people in opportunities to support MAP’s goals and overall mission. Includes designing, implementing and evaluating innovative engagement opportunities and experiences for year-round strategic engagement, and seasonal events and initiatives.
- Managing the creation and execution of an overall plan for community outreach and engagement, including raising awareness about the organization, and the development of engagement and partnership pathways for individuals and organizations that align with our mission and vision.
- In collaboration with Human Resources Director and other staff, establish community engagement goals and objectives.
- Regularly analyzing the local and national landscape to identify opportunities to grow.
- Facilitates the development of new ideas and methods for program enhancement.
- Designs and manages community engagement opportunities, experiences, and initiatives.
- Enhances professional expertise through membership in applicable professional organizations and participation in continuing education related to assigned responsibilities.
IMPLEMENTATION AND DIRECT ENGAGEMENT
- Raises financial and material resources and recruits/supports volunteers in implementing volunteer events.
- Manages implementation of episodic group volunteer experiences that support MAP goals. Includes oversight assigned elements of project management.
- Designs, implements, and manages elements of a speaker/ambassador program.
- Coordinating and executing key community engagement events internally and externally, i.e. family engagement activities, service days, and community volunteer recognition events.
- Directly supervises the Volunteer Care Coordinator.
- Representing MAP in community initiatives and at events that support our brand goals/strategies.
- Identify and cultivate strategic partnerships to ensure key successes in MAP’s community engagement efforts.
- In coordination with MAP colleagues, recruit, engage and connect a network of community partnerships.
- Creatively engage the public to inform people of our programs and supports.
- Along with the Volunteer Care Coordinator, recruit, train, and supervise volunteers/interns.
- Develop a formalized internship program to actively recruit and place interns on an ongoing basis.
- Supports volunteers involved in special events.
- In coordination with the Marketing Team, produce writing, photographs, video and other public facing statements and communication to support the community’s awareness of MAP International.
- Contribute consistently to the organization’s social media presence on a regular basis.
- Effectively use the database, social media, and other tools for targeted outreach and promotion.
- Monitoring the success of community engagement strategies and budget, and making course corrections.
- Designing and implementing evaluation tools to gauge and ensure impact.
- Manages community engagement-related technology processes to support organizational customer relationship culture, including customer relationship management (CRM) and technology software related to developing and registering volunteers for projects. Includes sharing data to inform development of engagement strategies.
- Collect and measure impact, satisfaction and general data from our partners.
The Community Engagement Manager will report into the Director of Human Resources and will supervise the Volunteer Care Coordinator. The CEM will have responsibility for maintaining external relationships as well with volunteers and partner organizations as it relates to volunteer events.
The right candidate for this role will be an individual who has a strategic mindset and has the ability to execute on that vision. Candidates should have previous volunteer management experience and have the ability to travel. See specific criteria below.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in volunteer management, corporate community relations, project management, community organizing or other related areas, required; 7 years’ experience preferred.
- A passion for the power of volunteering and civic engagement.
- You can make big waves with limited resources and paint the big picture, while getting in the weeds and doing the work.
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal organizational relations, ability to network with community resources, and creating/enhancing external community partnerships.
- A track record of success in building systems with the ability to scale.
- The ability to be solutions-oriented under pressure.
- Strong project management, organizational, and time-management skills, with the ability to set priorities and limits in order to accomplish tasks, meet deadlines, delegate, create systems and processes, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include public speaking skills.
- Can effectively collect, measure and make decisions based on data trends and analytics.
- Strong command of MS Office 365 tools including Power Point, Excel, Teams and Word with a willingness to learn new applications and identify innovative ways for technology to support organizational objectives.
- Competence at electronic data entry and information management, as well as ability to analyze data for purpose of cost containment, program monitoring, and improvement.
- Demonstrates strong administrative skills and abilities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include evenings and weekends, in order to attend public gatherings on behalf of the organization.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation, required.
- This position will require occasional travel.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and move up to 30 lbs. The employee must be able to travel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus during significant computer related work. Employee must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.